8.20.2010

Just a drink of water!


I love summer. I love being outside. I love my garden. I just wanted to remember this simple pleasure of summer. The other day while I was out with my friends, the flowers. I was so thirsty I looked down at that hose with all that water spilling out and thought why not? I don't know why I even had to think about it, maybe it's because we grow up and we see things like the water has to run through that rubber hose. Or maybe we've gotten where we just drink water from a bottle. Maybe all the water in our house has been filtered. What ever the case, I put the hose up to my mouth and felt the cool clean water rush past my lips, I loved it. No kidding I had forgotten the simple joy of drinking out of a hose. I said to myself as I brushed the excess water from my face with the back of my hand, "I'm not ever going to forget how much I love to drink out of the hose!"

3 comments:

Erica Locke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erica Locke said...

I like you! This is a fun post and I love the photo. I think about things like that... I don't want to forget this or I don't want to forget that...but sometimes I just forget what I once knew! I hope I do better at remembering throughout the years.

Dendra said...

I love to drink out of hoses and also an old aluminum dipper of really cold water. Really it's the chance to get wet... by accident of course.