6.27.2009

Is She Stalking Me?

So I like to walk in the summer. I like to walk in the morning when everything is just starting to wake up. (Every thing except my children.) I like the way morning feels. Of course it helps that I get to walk in places that I love and that give me a sense of well being. I've been walking on the cow hill, and down to the pump in the bottom of the field. I get to hear the sound of the sprinklers, watch as they get changed from one place to the next. The neighbors doing the same thing, running their four wheelers from one place to the next. I've been watching a young family of jack rabbits check me out as I come by everyday. Then there is the birds, morning is the time they are out catching worms for their babies. Calling to each other and letting the world know they are there. Well I had a bird spoil all of this for me, as I walked on the hill I had a mother bird dive bombing me! So I think, I'll move on and walk down in the field. This seemed to solve my problem until I got back on the road, mind you I've been gone away from that bird for twenty minutes or more and she has had to come down off the hill to find me. As soon as I get on the road I see that bird on the power line chirping her stupid head off at me, I'm put out to say the least, what? Is she stalking me? As I move down the road to the safety of my home she hop to the next power line chirping and dive bombing between every power pole. I'm ducking and yelling thing like "what are you doing, I'm not even by your stupid babies", and "how do you even recognize me, I'm not the only walker out here you know!" Of course she doesn't care she just keeps after me until I'm safely in doors. It's the first time in my life I might be able to understand Natalie's fear of birds!

3 comments:

The Johnson's said...

Funny!!!

Erica Locke said...

WAYYY FUNNY! I can picture it!

Mike and Dendra said...

It is dangerous out there! Please be careful! Lions, tigers, and birds oh my!