11.14.2008

It's True, I'm Guilty

It's true, I'm guilty of living through my kids. When I first think about this Erica is the one that comes to mind. I thrilled at every volleyball game and loved every basketball moment. It was as if I knew what was going on in her mind, and of course brought back many fun and exciting memories of playing the games myself. My kids have always been able to achieve more than I ever dreamed was in my grasp. I'm grateful for that. In fact that brings me to my next example. When Matt was heading off to Kindergarten I got him dressed. He put on his cute little back pack and after a few words about "being careful when he needed to cross the busy street". I watched him climb on his bike and head off to school with out even a thought that there might be something to be afraid of. Oh the joy that gave his mom as I remember still every pair of shoes I wore in grade school, because I kept my head down so no one would talk to me. Yea I was living through him and plenty proud of it. Which brings me to Steven and his character I've found myself living through. Steven has the heart of a champion! always has, he ran with all his might. He wrestled with all his heart. Served a mission. I really believe Steven can do anything he puts his mind too. Oh I wish I would have known that as a kid. I've danced a hundred dances as Latara and Kenni leapt and twirled and pounded out a drill team routine. Had my finest performances as my girls have stood on stage, rode floats, performed in pageants, and been the girl that gets to wear the crown, or be the winner. Latara is my daughter that has been tagged the most by her mom, I love it when people who don't even know her know that I'm her mom. I've had hundreds of conversation as I've stood back and watched Kenni talk her "friend talk". Wished I was the one that was making the smile on someones face as Tara wheeled her witty humor around. Then there is Jeremy who does well in school, understands math and is kind, good, and has no desire to get in trouble. My boys have all been good workers and honest. My children make me happy they each share many of the characteristics that I've pointed out. Yeah I'm guilty I've lived my life through my kids, and oh what a great life it has been. Thanks kids for being such great examples to me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I belive your kids are amazing too and hope that my boys grow up like them. They are some of the sweetest, funnest, do anything to help anyone grade A+ people I know. I am proud to be related to each one of them. Love ya Jamie

Erica Locke said...

Awww! You are a very good blogger. I love you mom! Thanks for being such a good mom to us all!

Debbie said...

LaDawna, I am so glad to see you have joined the blogging world. I love following all of your family in their many adventures. I told erica she just keeps me laughing and that some day I am going to have to meet her.

Nicki said...

Hey Auntie! Send me your email so I can invite you to our blog.

xoxo Nicki and Justin